Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I Cry Within

The play is over, the curtain is drawnthe stage is empty, the people have gone.I've played my part,it wasn't long,Some people laughed, some left with a frown.Some like my red nose, Some, my shoes that are torn,You've seen me before, I am the circus clown.I've a painted smile and a colourful gown.I make you laugh, I make you smile,I help you forget your worries for a while.From your seats you throw pennies at meIf you just asked I'd even do it for free.Behind all this joy and boisterous gleeThere's a secret you haven't noticed in me.When the lights are out and no one seesmy heart bleeds with this pain withinAll alone I start to weepDeep inside I'd like this to keepevery night I cry myself to sleepNext time you see me tell a joke or stumble over that invisible ropelook closely and you'll see the pain in my eyes and the tear stains that haven't dried.But I'll keep on making you laughand doing this crazy danceCause these arc lights, and this mindless actwill keep me from going mad.

No comments: