Wednesday, March 14, 2007

White collar blues

Life was a great party.when I was in my 20sNow I sit and reminiscethose times that I missThey vaporizedright before my eyesthere was not even aGoodbye kiss.Round and round I rodeThat merry-go-round of blissMemories and milestonesnow pictures put together with little paper clipsthings I’ve done,places I’ve been,women I met,times I been dumped,shoes I have bought,books I never wrote,clubs that threw me out,jobs I’ve quit,people I pissed,you know the list… makes you laughtill your guts spilllife was one hi-octane trip.I was having a ball.Freewheeling on the road that I rode. Up in the sundown in the drainMoments in between would bereally boringevery single day was worthevery thing that it came with Every knock was a signto stand up and fight for more,every fall was a trumpet call to wipe the grin off my face,wipe the dust off my assand rise on my feet,keep the pride in its placeand jump on the next gravy train.I am in my 30s nowLife isn’t so pretty now.Every day I wake upto a list ofThings To Do Today.Bills that I have to pay,things that I cannot say,calls I’ll never make,smiles I’ll have to fake.‘Good mornings’ and‘good evenings’,back slapping andback stabbings,it’s the same caseevery day.A growing file stackin my ‘in’ tray.No self respect,no proper pay,all work and no play.These are the end of my days.I’m gonna crawl up my cave,and wait to be saved,rescued from this freaking rat race.Caught in a 9to5 world,stuck with this 9to5 rules,I smile when I don’t want to,be polite cause I have to,say “yes” when I want to say,“fuck you!”Dignified?oh yes! but I’m dead dude.Sing me a white collar blue,before I puke on my shiny white shoes,and start to look sillyin my shiny white suit,sing me a white collar blue…Where are the nightswithout end, with girlsand my friends?Where are daysof my lifewith bon firesand cheap wine?Where are thewalk in the parkswith no shirtand no shoes,where are thelazy afternoonson the beachwith pretty nudes?I traded them forcredit cards andfancy cars;I traded themfor a title anda visiting card.Sing me a whitecollar blue,before I pukeon my shiny white shoes,and start to look sillyin my shiny white suit,c’mon… sing me awhite collar blue…

No comments: