Wednesday, March 14, 2007

On life. No, on Man. No, no. Actually, on...

When one contemplates such weighty matters as the meaning of Life, the soul of Man or the benefits of sex with aliens, one cannot but assume a grave and meditative demeanor as I have at the moment. This is not quite unlike the countenance one perfects every morning on the pot speculating on matters of serious nature, if to no one else but oneself. I believe this intellectual posture brings forth insights in to matters otherwise closed to inspection. It stimulates the grey matter in astonishingly new ways. A case in point is the man who conjured up the life truth - 'Behind every successful woman is a surprised man.'
Hence I am analogously seated. Very soon I expect my grey matter stimulated likewise. I can hear the wheels grinding upstairs. A figure of speech, of course. Fine speech should always be adequately garnished with them. That is why it is fine speech, I say. Just like a dinner with embellishments automatically achieves the status of fine-dining. Society has somewhat spoiled the frank simplicity of man. And what was I saying?
Whatever it is, I am not saying it today. Matters of such significance need further brooding over. They need to be chewed and deliberated upon thoroughly. When adequately reflected and ruminated upon, the thought will reveal itself. As a simple line or idea. You know what I saying here. I will have plucked all the lemons and you get the plum. Or something to that effect. I will see you again. Soon.

No comments: